For years we have not sold POR15 in single 4oz cans. Instead we recommend either the Stop Rust Kit (40909) or else the six packs of 4oz cans (45006). However some customers really don't need a full pint can but a single 4oz can as in the Stop Rust Kit isn't enough. So we now sell single 4oz cans. Please read all instructions carefully and if you're using POR15 Rust Preventative Paint, also use the Cleaner Degreaser and Metal Prep as recommended. A 4oz can covers up to 12sq feet.
Whilst any paint will provide some degree of protection from rust for a while, no other is as permanent as POR-15. When others have chipped, scratched, flaked, and peeled, POR-15 Rust Preventative Paint will still be preventing rust.
Colours available: Gloss Black, Semi Gloss Black, Clear, Grey and Silver.
Available in three sizes:
- US Pint 473ml (which covers approx 4.5 square metres)
- US Quart 946ml (which covers approx 9 square metres)
- US Gallon 3.78l (which covers approx 35 square metres)
POR-15 Rust Preventative can be sprayed or brushed on to provide a rock hard, yet flexible, non-porous coating that will not shrink, peel, or crack. It is totally resistant to road salt, petrol, battery acid, etc., and actually dries harder in humid damp conditions. Ideal for suspension and chassis protection, and you can apply a topcoat of any finishing paint. This is protection you can count on.
Metal surfaces should be treated first with PO-R15 Cleaner Degreaser, then use POR-15 Metal Prep to dissolve rust, etch the metal and leave a Zinc Phosphate for better adhesion of the paint. Use the POR-15 Solvent to thin (if required) and to clean brushes.
Can be sprayed or brushed
Prevents rust from recurring by protecting metal from further exposure to moisture
Designed for application directly on rusted or seasoned metal surfaces
Dries to an incredible rock-hard, non-porous finish that won't chip, crack, or peel (dries faster in humid conditions) - totally resistant to most acid, petrol and road salt.
UV light sensitive (must be topcoated for prolonged exposure to sunlight)
- AUTOMOTIVE: suspension - chassis - doors - trunk areas - engine & fuel tanks - rusty frames - floor pans - corroded battery tray.
- INDUSTRIAL: heavy equipment - truck components - trailers - fuel storage - rebar -steel forms - concrete - storm grates - transformers - wastewater management
- MARINE: decks - bilges - hulls - stem pipes -chain lockers - mast.
- HOME: seal cracks in basement and foundations - Garage floors - Roofs - HVAC - Pipes - Beams - Home appliances.
- Excellent for sealing and repairing fiberglass.
NOTE: Follow instructions on label carefully.